Is olive oil good for dark circles? Did you know that you can use Olive oil for dark circles removal? Most recipes combine turmeric or lemon with extra virgin olive oil to get rid of dark lines under the eyes. Here’s how to eliminate the dark lines and wrinkles under your eyes plus reviews and testimonials from users who have lightened those rings using it.
Dark circle around the eyes can be boring and leaves you with dull and fatigue look. Dark circles are common problem among all genders. If you have dark circles around the eye, you will feel unhealthy and much older than your actual age. It might lower your self-esteem but it shouldn’t bother you much. It is not a health related problem which simply means it can be removed permanently.
What causes dark circles around the eyes? Dark circles can be caused by the following:
- Lack of proper or enough sleep is one of the known cause of dark circles.
- Vitamin deficiency such as K and B attributes to the dark circles around your eyes.
- Aging and too much exposure to direct sunlight is another cause of dark circles under the eyes.
- Some people get dark circles under the eyes due to hereditary factors or family history. This can be reduced if early precautions are taken.
- Anemia is also attributed to dark circles around the skin of the eye. If you have a depletion of iron in your body, oxygen supply become limited to tissues and cells around the eyes.
Is olive oil good for dark circles? Does it help or work?
- Is olive oil good for dark circles? Does it help or work?
- 1. It is the best antioxidant
- 2. Exfoliate the skin
- 3. Does olive open up pores?
- 4. Helps to enhance beauty
- Olive oil vs almond oil dark circles – which is the best?
- Does olive oil lighten dark circles?
- Should you use extra virgin olive oil to get rid of dark circles under eyes?
- How to use olive oil for dark circles
- 1. Olive oil massage for dark circles
- 2. Olive oil and turmeric for dark circles
- 3. Olive oil and lemon for dark circles lightening
Does olive oil help dark circles? Olive oil is considered as one of the healthiest vegetable oil among others such as coconut oil. It is recommended by nutritionist and beauty experts for skin benefits. How beneficial is olive oil on your skin? Here are some of the benefits of olive oil for skin:
1. It is the best antioxidant
Olive oil has three major components that work as antioxidant: Vitamin E, polyphenols and phytosterols. When applied to the skin it protects you from premature aging of the skin, the vitamin E content in it helps to smoothen the skin removing dark spots.
Dark under eye circles make you look old. You can therefore use olive oil for dark circles to lighten them and keep the skin under your eyes looking brighter.
2. Exfoliate the skin
Does olive oil exfoliate the skin? Olive oil can help exfoliate the skin and help remove dead skins. One of the common method you can use to exfoliate the skin is using olive oil mixture with natural sea salt. Rub the mixture on the skin and you will end up with a renewed and glowing skin.
3. Does olive open up pores?
Olive oil works best on your skin. Most of the commercial moisturizers can clog the pores of the skin but olive oil penetrates deeply into the skin in the process leaving the skin cleansed. Have you tried using olive oil during the night? Gently apply a teaspoon of olive oil to your face or neck and remember to remove excess oil away with a towel.
4. Helps to enhance beauty
Most women and men alike have started using olive oil for enhancing beauty. Did you know you can use olive oil for makeup remover? Most women have started using olive oil to remove makeups.
Furthermore you can use it as one of the ingredient to make facial masks. In fact in the recent times, most men and women have begun using it as a substitute for other shaving creams and after shave as well.
Olive oil vs almond oil dark circles – which is the best?
Dark circles makes you look tired and unattractive. This problem can be reduced by using almond or olive oil. Whichever works best for you to get rid of dark circle under the eyes is your personal choice. However, it is important to note that both almond oil and olive oil are moisturizers which makes your skin smooth on application.
If you choose either of the two moisturizers, you will end up removing dark lines around your eyes. Can almond or olive oil eliminates dark circles under the eyes? If you haven’t tried using either of the two then you are likely not able to tell the differences. Dark circles are caused by lack of vitamins and essential fatty acids.
Using beauty products and make up concealers may be a temporal solution but doesn’t help to eliminate the dark lines permanently. Almond oil will work as a natural home remedy for treating dark circles. Enriched with nourishing vitamins, almond not only helps in treating skin but reduces the dark patches around the eyes.
Does olive oil lighten dark circles?
Is Olive oil good for dark circles lightening? Olive oil is popular and has been used for decades for ingestion and external use as well. It has a simple chemical structure that resembles the skin. It is widely used in beauty and cosmetic industry. Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E,A and other essential elements that nourish the skin around the eyes.
Olive oil is good for lightening the dark circles under the eye. On its own olive oil can be used to simply massage the skin around the eyes and in turn lightening the dark circles. This oil can also be used with other natural ingredients to lighten dark circles and erase wrinkles permanently. It helps to regenerate new skin cells around the eyes and give the skin a new healthy glow.
Should you use extra virgin olive oil to get rid of dark circles under eyes?
Can extra virgin oil get rid of dark circles under the eyes? Extra virgin oil is rich in nutrients antioxidants such as Vitamin A and E that helps to rejuvenate the skin around the eye. It can therefore good to get rid of dark circles under the eye. How does extra virgin work? It penetrates deep into the skin around the eyes providing moisturizing effect keeping it smooth.
Extra virgin oil can work well with natural sea salt to hide dark circles under the eye by exfoliating the skin around the eyes. Try a daily routine of massaging the dark circle with this combination for a week and the end results will marvel you.
How to use olive oil for dark circles
Does applying Olive oil for dark circles reduce the dark circles? Olive oil will not instantly remove dark circles under the eye but a regular application helps eliminate the intensity of the appearance of dark circles over some time. Here is how to remove dark circles using olive oil:
- Choose any form of olive oil that works well for your skin.
- Remove any makeup on your face especially around the eye area. With a clean (index) fingertip coat it with a layer of olive oil and rub carefully around the dark circles avoiding contact in your eyes. Do not drip the oil or leave thick layer on the skin; apply just enough layer under –eye skin.
- Apply the olive oil daily to get maximum results. You can as well try to incorporate a light makeup to reduce the dark circles under the eye and wrinkles.
1. Olive oil massage for dark circles
Can olive oil massaging get rid of dark circles under the eye? Massaging the skin around the eyes to hide dark circles helps to stimulate the flow of blood to the skin. A daily massage helps you to get significant results. All you have to do is apply a thin layer of olive oil on the dark circles and massage gently with your fingertips for some minutes. The oil gets deep into the skin nourishing it leaving a healthy glow.
2. Olive oil and turmeric for dark circles
Can turmeric and olive oil remove dark circles under the eye? Turmeric on its own is effective to treat dark circles under the eye. Just like olive oil, it has antioxidants properties to cure many skin problems including around the eye. Here is the procedure on how to use:
- Take some turmeric powder and add some drops of olive oil to make a thick but fine paste.
- Apply the paste on the dark circles under the eye and leave for about 15 minutes
- Using a damp cotton wool wipe it off gently. You can as well wash the rest of your face.
3. Olive oil and lemon for dark circles lightening
Can olive oil and lemon juice lighten dark circles under the eye? A mixture of lemon juice and olive can help lighten dark circles. Lemon juice is known for its bleaching properties owing to the acidic content in it. Lemon juice on it’s own has antioxidant that can remove dark circles giving you glowing skin around the eyes. Here’s how to use olive oil and lemon juice for lightening dark circles.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Dip cotton ball in the mixture and apply it on the dark circles.
- Leave it for at least one hour and wash your eyes and face with warm water. Do this once daily preferably before bed time.
Sources and citations
- How to treat Dark circles with Olive oil: http://www.ehow.com/how_8368868_treat-dark-circles-olive-oil.html
- How to Get Rid of Dark Circles : http://www.caretricks.com/skincare/how-to-get-rid-of-dark-circles-permanently-overnight/
- How to Treat Dark Circles With Olive Oil :http://www.ehow.com/how_8368868_treat-dark-circles-olive-oil.html